Slips, trips, and falls are some of the most common workplace injuries each year in Missouri. They can result in strains, contusions or bruises, sprains, fractures, or worse! When it comes to trips this summer, be sure you’re taking the good kind, not the kind that hurt.
Here are some steps for avoiding falls this summer:
- Wear appropriate footwear so your feet don’t hurt after walking around outside all day long; keep in mind what type of areas you will be walking in when choosing your daily footwear. Sandals are not always the best option.
- Look out before crossing streets (this one really goes without saying, right).
- Know your surroundings; Neighborhood BBQ’s, camping in the woods, beaches, and parks all have their own unique terrain and present more hazards than you find in your living room. It is important to watch where you are going to ensure you do not trip on a stray gardening tool, hole in the grass, or tree root.
- Amusement parks often have wet surfaces from food & drinks spills, and water rides – large crowds and uneven pavement can easily cause a slip and fall accident.
- Swimming pools are the best place to cool off and relax during the summer. But there is a serious threat for slipping and falling around the pool. Watch out for slippery surfaces and NO running!
- Walking around outside in the evenings when the sun is setting and there are poor lighting conditions in an area you are unfamiliar with increases your chance of failing and slipping.
Common sense and paying attention can help you avoid slip-and fall accidents. Don’t run when near pools or puddles, as this increases your risk of falling flat on your face! Be aware if there are any signs telling people not to enter certain areas due dangerous conditions.
Oftentimes an injury from slipping may seem like just another everyday occurrence but don’t let these little mistakes go unnoticed because they could have lasting effects.
When you’re injured in a slip and fall, it’s important to seek medical attention right away. You should also report the incident so that your personal injury claim can be filed with an attorney who will review all of your options for legal advice on what steps need taken next.
If you have been injured in a slip and fall this summer and looking for a skilled accident or personal injury attorney, KNOW WHAT TO DO, Call Tad today! 417-865-4400