There are important steps to take if you are involved in an auto accident.
1. Stop immediately and do not leave the scene of the accident.
2. Do not move the vehicles.
3. Turn on your emergency flashers to help avoid further accidents at the scene.
4. Assist the injured, if you are able to do so.
5. If medical attention is required, call an ambulance immediately.
6. Exchange ONLY your name, address and phone number with the other driver(s).
7. Make sure you have your insurance papers.
8. Call for police assistance and file a report.
9. Note all your injuries on the police report.
10. Admit NO guilt or wrongdoing.
11. Take photos of the accident scene and your visible injuries.
12. Do not leave the scene until a police officer says that you may.
After the accident, it is equally important to follow these steps.
1. Have a complete medical examination.
2. Keep written records of your doctor visits.
3. Keep records of your medical receipts and bills.
4. Contact Tad Morlan to “Protect Your Rights.”
If you are injured in an auto accident due to the negligence of another, then you have rights to recover money damages. You are entitled the recovery of past and future medical bills, pain and suffering, lost wages and property damage. In many instances, these money damages are processed and paid through insurance companies.
However, by taking advantage of “loopholes” in the system, some insurance companies employ tactics to avoid their responsibility of fully paying what the injured party could receive if represented by someone who will “Protect his or her Rights.” This is why the injured party needs the representation of a qualified and experienced attorney such as Tad Morlan.